Help Desk Management Job Description
The help-desk job description is applicable towards the generic help-desk function.
The help-desk job will be different with respect to the organization and overall systems atmosphere but fundamental essentials tasks and activities present with most help-desk positions. Also detailed would be the key abilities and capabilities needed for effective job performance within this position.
Adapt this sample job description to meet the requirements of the specific help-desk position.
Provide user support and customer support on company-supported computer programs and platforms. Trobleshoot and fix problems and recommend the right action.
Primary Job Tasks and Duties
- react to demands for technical assistance personally, via phone, digitally
- identify and resolve technical software and hardware issues
- research questions using available information assets
- advise user on appropriate action
- follow standard help-desk methods
- log all help-desk interactions
- administer help-desk software
- redirect problems to fix resource
- identify and escalate situations needing urgent attention
- track and route problems and demands and document resolutions
- prepare activity reviews
- inform control over recurring problems
- stay up-to-date with system information, changes and updates
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- working understanding of fundamental procedures of relevant software, hardware along with other equipment
- understanding of relevant call monitoring programs
- understanding and experience with customer support practices
- related training and experience in troubleshooting and supplying help-desk support
- dental and written communication abilities
- learning abilities
- customer support orientation
- problem analysis
- team interaction
- planning and organizing
- focus on detail
- stress tolerance
Be prepared for common customer support interview questions inside your help-desk interview.
Suggested Help-desk Job Assets
This task description is really a helpful source of both job searchers and companies to explain the generic tasks and needs from the help-desk function. Adapt it for your own personel use.
Latest Update - Help-desk Salary
Indeed.com reviews the average salary for Help-desk Specialist job posts on their own USA website is $38Thousand by June 2015. Salaries for job posts for this Tech Support Team Specialist average $42Thousand.
You might also like
MindTap Management Online Courseware to Accompany Daft/Marcic's Understanding Management, 9th Edition, [Web Access], 1 term (6 months)
Digital Software (Cengage Learning-158940-158940)
Cable Organizer and Cord Management System for All Your Wires - The Ideal Multipurpose Cable Clips to Organize Your Desk From Blue Key World - Very Durable, High Quality, Black, Made to Help You Improve Your Efficiency and Make Your Cables Look Great - Enhance Your Home and Office Experience Now!
PC Accessory (Blue Key World)