There's articles on TechRepublic from 1999 I lately dug up concerning the rules to be an excellent help-desk analyst. It's now twelve years later and even though computer systems are faster and much more reliable, help desks are experiencing much more calls because of the rise in technology, not just in work however also mobile.1. Gain the trust from the user first.
Here's some analysis together with opinion on whether each rule continues to be valid
1. Trust is essential and really should be the initial step. – Still valid, but organizations ought to provide more self-service options like getting an actionable service catalog to lessen the requirement for direct connection with a help-desk analyst.
2. Restating the issue ensures you realize the issue properly. – Still valid.
3. Try to sort out the issue rather than investing time asking about things the individual likely has attempted. – Still valid, but getting a searchable understanding base open to customers will assist them resolve more challenges before creating a call.
4. Getting exactly the same setup continues to be valid when the computer is secured or maybe the problem is hardware related. When the computer isn’t secured, a screen discussing program can provide the analyst the opportunity to fix an problem without really being there. – Partly valid.
5. You shouldn't pretend you realize greater than you need to do however details are simpler to gain access to. Move back, search the understanding base, gather information, and when you may be knowledgeable next point give that answer having a disclaimer. – Partly valid.
6. Empathy may be the title of the overall game, if one makes the individual seem like you care, you typically succeed. – Still valid.
7. This rule virtually includes anything else out there. Should you choose anything else out there, this rule won't ever come up. – Not essential.
Their list was well built, and you may tell someone associated with service was associated with writing. As observed in my analysis, their list still stands up typically. Advances in technology have modified how services are done and for that reason have slightly transformed the overall game. However, following these seven rules will still keep employees happy and feel very likely to request for help.
PC DESKTOP TECHNICIAN, DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST, IT SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN, HELP DESK ANALYST: JUST IN TIME REVISION GUIDE FOR SUCCESS AT ANY ICT SUPPORT JOB INTERVIEW
HELP DESK ANALYST, SYSTEM SUPPORT ANALYST JOB INTERVIEW BOTTOM LINE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS: YOUR BASIC GUIDE TO ACING ANY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (COMPUTER) HELP DESK JOB INTERVIEW
Copyright © . All Rights Reserved